TheLiteraryMeltingPot

The Literary Melting Pot

I'm an avid reader & blogger that enjoys many genres, depending on my mood. I love Horrors in the fall & romances in the Spring. Every day is an open book for me!

The Beautiful Ashes
Jeaniene Frost

Great For the Halloween Season!

Wanted: One Ghost - Loni Lynne

What a treat just in time for the Halloween season!

This book was mesmerizing!  The astute manner in which the author blended historical and paranormal fiction with modern day intricacies made this an excellent read that I just couldn’t put down!  The story line is captivating and the characters are divine.  I couldn’t help but to think of “The Ghost and Mrs. Muir” while reading this, as it’s one of my favorite classics.  Of course, the relationship she had with her ghost is tepid, at most, compared to James and April’s steamy love affair.  In this day and age, it’s hard to find a man that’s as attentive and chivalrous as James.

This novel is much more than a ghost story with a romantic twist, though, it’s a mystery/thriller as well.  A dark secret lurks in the shadows of the historic town, but bringing light on the subject could come at a cost. With the help of April’s hilarious relatives, she and James try to answer questions that no one alive knows.

Joseph Buchanan’s coined term “psychometry”—which means being able to see the past by touching an object– is utilized brilliantly and the author takes it to another level, catapulting this novel high above others in the same genres.  I laughed, I cried, and unfortunately, I was up investigating everything that went “bump!” in the night.  This is definitely a must read!

Source: http://wp.me/p3IiM7-1F